Share Your Poster at AIHM 2019The Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM) and Bastyr University welcome poster abstract submissions for the upcoming AIHM Annual Conference, being held October 12-16, 2019 in San Diego.
We are particularly interested in posters that relate to our overarching theme of "People, Planet, Purpose", which is the essence of our annual conference. The Research Committee will be looking for abstracts that highlight work being done to advance planetary health and/or the health of all people and subpopulations, including but not limited to the elderly, youth, underserved communities, and veterans. Posters with interprofessional co-authors will also be given priority consideration.
Please note that space is limited this year. We recommend applying early.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, September 30, 2019 at 11:59pm PT
Poster CategoriesAbstracts may be submitted in any of the following categories.
- Research – Includes basic science (fundamental or bench research), observational research, or clinical trials.
- Clinical Innovations – Case reports or practice-based models, including all models of health (nursing, chiropractic, naturopathic, Chinese medicine, healing touch, etc). Case report submissions must follow the Care Guidelines.
- Educational – Includes innovative training and educational models or programs that highlight interprofessional education, curriculum and faculty development in integrative health, CAM, etc. Also includes global service projects that highlight the integrative health & medicine, naturopathic medicine, chiropractic medicine, nursing, etc.
- Policy – Includes global policy, cost-effectiveness studies, underserved models, etc.
All abstract submissions with more than one author must indicate a lead author. This person will serve as the sole point of contact with AIHM and is responsible for submitting the initial proposal, notifying co-authors of the selection decision, and coordinating the printing, hanging, presentation and removal of the poster.
All abstract proposals require the following information. We strongly recommend that the lead author prepare this information in advance to save time and to ensure that you have a backup copy. Once the online submission process has started, it must be completed in its entirety in order to be saved and submitted. Incomplete or partial submissions will NOT be saved in our system.
- Title – Clearly and concisely indicate the subject and focus of the abstract
- Abstract – Proposals require a clear and concise abstract covering the Background and Purpose, Methods and Design, Results, and Conclusions. Spell check and grammar count.
- References – Provide three (3) initial references that support your abstract.
For each author, please be prepared to provide the following information.
- Full Name
- Email Address
Abstracts will be reviewed on a rolling basis with notifications being sent in August and September, as space allows. Accepted authors are expected to meet the responsibilities and guidelines below.
- Must register for the conference
- Must cover own travel costs
- Must meet all conference dates and deadlines
- Must be present to hang poster at designated set-up time
- Must be present during your designated poster presentation time slot
- Must be present to remove poster at designated tear-down time
Begin Online Submission Process