Share Your Knowledge & Expertise at AIHM19The Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM) welcomes session proposals that provide evidence-based educational content for integrative health and medicine practitioners, advocates, policy makers, and researchers.
Session proposals should address current trends, issues, emerging topics, and/or clinical models in the field of integrative health and medicine. Our goal is that conference participants leave every session equipped with practical tools, skills, and/or clinical pearls that they can implement in their lives.
We are particularly interested in sessions that relate to our overarching theme of "People, Planet, Purpose", which is the essence of our annual conference. The Conference Planning Committee will be looking for proposals that highlight work being done to advance planetary health and/or the health of all people and subpopulations, including but not limited to the elderly, youth, underserved communities, and veterans.
Submission Deadline: February 24, 2019 at 11:59pm PT
Session TopicsWhile session proposals are not limited to the following focus areas, these are the topics that were most-requested by past AIHM conference attendees. In particular, sessions that emphasize interprofessional collaboration are consistently requested by our attendees.
- Biofield Therapies
- Business Skills
- Cardiovascular Health
- End of Life Care
- Functional Medicine
- Gastrointestinal Health
- Healing the Healer / Burnout
- Holistic & Integrative Nursing
- Hormone Therapy
- Integrative Oncology
- Interprofessional Care Models
- Men’s Health
- Mental Health
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Nutrition & Supplements
- Pain Management
- Planetary Health
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Women’s Health
There are a limited number of sessions available this year, and most proposals will be considered for 45 minute time slots. Sessions requiring more time and/or with more than two speakers can request a longer time slot during the proposal submission process. If selected, longer time slots will be considered but cannot be guaranteed.
- 45 Minute Session (1-2 speakers)
- 90 Minute Session (1-3 speakers)
- 180 Minute Session / Workshop* (1-4 speakers)
The 2019 AIHM Annual Conference will be submitted for CME, CNE and CE / CEU credits. In order to be compliant with accreditation guidelines, under no circumstances should educational session content include demonstration or endorsement of commercial products. All selected speakers will be required to disclose any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests prior to presenting. Any potential conflict of interest issues must be resolved in advance of the conference.
CME / CNE / CE Guidelines
Additionally, all power point slides, videos, and handouts must be free from any business or organizational logos and trademarks. The inclusion of any form of advertisement in materials may make the presentation ineligible for continuing education credits and may result in exclusion from the program.
All session proposals with more than one speaker must indicate a lead proposal contact. This person will serve as the sole point of contact with AIHM and is responsible for submitting the initial proposal, notifying co-speakers of the selection decision, and planning the presentation agenda / content flow.
Lead Proposal Contact
All session proposals require the following information. We strongly recommend the lead proposal contact prepare this information in advance to save time and to ensure that you have a backup copy. Once the online submission process has started, it must be completed in its entirety in order to be saved and submitted. Incomplete or partial submissions will NOT be saved in our system.
- Session Title: Clearly and concisely indicate the subject and focus of the presentation (12 word maximum)
- Brief Session Description: Concisely describe the presentation for the conference program (350 word maximum). Be sure to use complete sentences (not bullets) and double-check for spelling and grammatical errors. Spelling counts!
- Learning Objectives / Outcomes: Provide a minimum of three (3) and no more than five (5) learning objectives / outcomes that describe what the attendee will be able to do / implement after attending your session. We encourage you to use our Guide to Writing Learning Objectives / Outcomes as objectives that are written incorrectly will NOT be accepted.
- References: Provide three (3) initial references that support the content you plan to present. This should include evidence-based references, research or acknowledgements. All material that recommends clinical protocols and practice MUST be substantiated by research and/or case studies. All selected sessions will be required to provide complete references prior to the presentation date.
For each speaker, please be prepared to provide the following information.
- Short Bio - Provide a brief professional biography (750 character maximum).
- Past Presentation Experience - List past conferences that you have presented at and any feedback / comments / ratings you received (50 words maximum).
- Video Link (Optional) - Provide a link to a video showcasing each speaker's presentation skills. If you do not have a video of yourself or your co-speakers presenting, we encourage each of you to record a short video (2-5 minutes) for our committee's review. While this is not required, it helps our committee get a better sense of your speaking style and experience.
The lead proposal contact will be notified of the selection decision no later than March 18, 2019. All selected speakers must be premium members of AIHM. Selected speakers will receive a complimentary conference pass and must complete the online conference registration form to confirm their attendance. Travel, accommodations, and optional conference add-ons (i.e. daily lunches, CME / CE, etc.) are not provided by AIHM and are the sole responsibility of the speaker.
Begin Online Submission Process